Dear Journal,
As you know, I am the WORST about keeping a journal. I love journals. Mostly because I'm attracted to anything with vintage designs and paper inside of it. I buy journals, then I write one or two entries, then I never write in it again. I'm jealous of my husband who has filled up tons of journals - I on the other hand I am pathetic and cannot accomplish such a task.
I am, however, a very fast typist - and I think if I took my journalism to the internet, I would make some progress. It's so much easier to sit in front of a computer than it is to cozy up on the couch with paper and pen. And let's not even talk about hand cramps. I have a lot to say, but I don't think my hand muscles are up for the challenge.
So this is my new journal. And every journal has a theme. Each of my two entry journals have a theme. I have a prayer journal, an exercise journal, a money journal, a fun journal, a family journal, a career journal, and the list goes on! Why not put all these journals together - what with blogs having labels and everything, I can just organize my entries. It seems so easy! Let's hope I stick with it.
So back to the theme = BALANCE. All I ever search for is balance. I need a little of everything to maintain my happiness...so to maintain my happiness, my never ending goal is to maintain my balance in life. It's totally possible, but it takes work. I'm sure we all know how easy it is to get out of balance. This quote made me think of how important journal-ing can be in maintaining balance in my life.
The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium. ~Norbet Platt
Hmm...Regain Equilibrium - sounds wonderful. Hopefully having this blog will remind me to always work for a balanced, healthy, and happy life. And lets hope I don't stop after just two entries!
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment